The first POD made in Italy
“A customized service that makes people feel special”
Hoplix.com was founded in January 2018, as a print on demand platform that markets thousands of customized products. Hopflix was first italian player in this field and has become one of the main reference points for designers, graphic designers, and sellers. Only within a short span of a few months Hopflix has been able to host over 500 stores, more than 1000 sellers and several thousand users.
About the customer
Hopflix platform was created to answer the always increasing demands of market’s needs: The creation of thousands of brands and microbrands is due to the extraordinary spread of the Internet and that has made communication increasingly easier. This gives rise to the need of having a “manufacturing partner” to sell customized products.
The desire to sell and buy customized products has exploded in the last few years, creating the conditions for the birth of several print on demand services.
POD services offered by Hoplix allowed the creation of more than 100 products with 250 variants on request, that means that products will no longer be physically present in the brands’ warehouses, but still made available for the orders of the end customer.
The printing process will only be activated once a request has been made from a customer, even if only of just a single copy.
By this mode of activity, the brand will no longer have to manage and maintain any physical warehouse but only a “virtual” warehouse made available by the Hoplix platform.
You can create your own Store for free on the platform or if you have already got an e-commerce is also possible to connect your own store to Hoplix through the several integrations made available.
In conclusion, we can proudly say that production, printing and product shipping are now a problem of the past.
Products currently on sale
Hoplix presents the typical needs of a business in a start-up phase; Especially during the first stages, the platform has three basic needs:
- It can’t bear the high costs of setting up and maintaining an IT infrastructure.
- It needs to fulfil all the requirements and security parameters needed in every country, where available, and integrations with third parties.
- It must be able to handle traffic spikes caused by the seasonal nature of sales, providing also a way to adjust the power and the costs when the traffic goes down.
In a nutshell, Hoplix had the necessity of having an infrastructure that was agile, solid and able to satisfy every stage of the Business growth.
VMEngine is now highly specialized in dealing with this kind of issues.
Scalability, security and Pay per Use are the paradigms with which Amazon Web Services took the center stage with the Cloud Services it provides.
VMEngine Architects have studied and set up a cloud infrastructure that fulfilled every Hoplix initial requirement, but at the same time they have been able to face any new computational requirement related to the rapid growth of Hoplix platform.
VMEngine staff harnessed the power of some AWS services, in order to offer the best possible service to the costumer and in particular for Hoplix users.
The core services used during Hopflix Infrastructure implementation are:
- EC2: is a web service that provides secure, resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed to make web-scale cloud computing easier for developers.
- EFS: provides a simple, scalable, elastic file system for Linux-based workloads for use with AWS Cloud services and on-premises resources.
- S3: is an object storage service that offers industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance. Amazon S3 is designed for 99.999999999% of durability.
- CloudFront: is a fast content delivery network (CDN) service that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment.
- WAF: is a web application firewall that helps protect your web applications from common web exploits that could affect application availability, compromise security, or consume excessive resources. AWS WAF gives you control over which traffic to allow or block to your web applications by defining customizable web security rules.
- SES: is a cloud-based email sending service designed to help digital marketers and application developers send marketing, notification, and transactional emails.
The proposed and applied solution has granted improved performance, elasticity, security and an extreme reliability to the platform, experiencing the benefit of the classic Cloud Computing advantages and the strength of a Cloud Provider such as Amazon Web Services. Hopflix could dedicate itself to the business development meeting the needs of the user, by being able to rely on a solid and well-established foundation.
The security and serenity in which we have been able to develop our business is invaluable. Once again, VMEngine Staff provided us the best possible support, enabling us, in just a few months, to have access to a major segment of the market.Antonio Calabrese
Do you think we could help you?Contact us and set a first date.
We could understand if our solutions can help you!